Matcha latte, a tasty, comforting drink, full of antioxidants. It only requires 3 ingredients: tea matcha powder, boiling water and milk of your choice.
Matcha latte is my favorite all-time latte and one of the best drinks I’ve ever tried, especially when I make it at home, as I can use the ingredients I like, in the proportions I want.
It only requires 3 simple ingredients: water, milk of your choice and matcha tea powder. I also add another 3 ingredients, but they’re completely optional. They are: maple syrup (any other sweetener will do), vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
For a healthier version of this recipe, omit the sweetener or blend 1 or 2 dates with the milk. You can also add other spices like nutmeg, ground ginger, cloves, cardamom, etc.
I like to enjoy my matcha latte in the morning with breakfast. However, it can also be made cold if you add some ice, which is great when it’s hot outside.
Matcha tea powder is expensive, but you just need a small amount to make a matcha latte. It’s a healthy alternative to coffee and also so good for your health (boost memory and concentration, enhances calm, it’s really high in antioxidants, detoxifies the body, etc.).
Matcha is made by grinding the entire tea leaf into a powder, and because you consume the whole leaf, it has approximately 10 times more nutrients and antioxidants than regular green tea, yay! In addition, I think matcha tastes much better than regular green tea, especially if you use milk.
matcha latte ingredients
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this matcha latte recipe:
- Matcha tea powder.
- Milk of your choice – I used unsweetened coconut milk, but any type of milk will do. I prefer to use an unsweetened plant-based milk and then add a sweetener of my choice, but you could also use a sweetened milk and omit the maple syrup.
- Maple syrup – Feel free to omit this ingredient, or use any sweetener you want.
- Vanilla extract – This ingredient is optional, but if you have some vanilla extract on hand, please use it.
- Ground cinnamon – This ingredient is optional. However, it will make your matcha latte taste even better.
how to make matcha latte
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Add the boiling water, matcha tea powder, maple syrup and ground cinnamon to a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour the milk into a mug, add the matcha tea mixture and stir until well mixed. Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 2-3 days.
looking for more drink recipes?
did you make this matcha latte recipe?
Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until hot (about 3-5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Combine the boiling water, matcha tea powder, maple syrup and ground cinnamon in a small bowl until well mixed. I used a bamboo whisk, but feel free to use a fork, a spoon or any other whisk you have on hand (you could also blend all the ingredients in a regular blender or add all the ingredients to a jar and shake until well combined).
- Pour the milk into a mug, add the matcha tea mixture and stir until well combined. Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using unsweetened soy milk.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 18 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 11.9 g