For this vol-au-vent sauce, I chose carrots, corn, and green peas as vegetables, but there are so many possible variations: mushroom, zucchini, celery, squash… To complete it all, you can serve the vol au-vent with a salad!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups milk
- pepper, to taste
- 6 vol-au-vents
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup carrot, cut in small cubes
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup peas
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl, dilute the cornstarch with the water. Pour mix into a saucepan over high heat. Add milk and pepper.
- Bring to boil, stirring until the mixture thickens. Reserve.
- Place the vol-au-vents on a baking sheet. Heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and cook the carrots in a pan over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn and peas. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the vegetables into the milk mixture and reheat if necessary.
- When serving, garnish vol-au-vents generously with the sauce.