If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
American fusion recipes are where classic American dishes meet flavors from around the world. This crisp and flavorful burger recipe is inspired by the classic Indian samosa. It’s packed with veggies and savory spices and it’s so easy to make. Pair with chutney or ketchup on a toasty bun with a side of sweet potato fries.
Vegetable Samosa Burger [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1–1 1/2 cups mixed diced bell pepper, peas, corn, carrots, and finely chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon aamchur (dry mango powder) or lemon juice, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Approximately 1/4 cup water
- 1 cooked and peeled russet potato
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (may not be necessary)
- Cooking oil, for the patties
- Desired burger toppings
- Heat cooking oil at medium heat and add cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds. Heat until the spices begin to brown, then add the ginger and mixed vegetables.
- Cook until the vegetables start to brown.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, red chili powder, aamchur, sugar, and salt and mix to combine.
- Add water as necessary and cook until the vegetables are fully tender.
- Allow the vegetable mixture to cool slightly then add in the cooked potato. Mash in the potato until a dough-like consistency is formed.
- If necessary, add breadcrumbs and mix until you are able to form patties.
- Cook the patties at medium heat on both sides, until brown. Use enough cooking oil as necessary to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Serve the patties with your favorite chutney and toppings.